Root canal Treatment And After Care Tips
Tooth damage or cavity, if not treated, can lead to pulp that may be affected by bacteria and can cause severe issues. The pulp is a soft tissue found in the root canal that can get inflamed or infected; in that case, you need a root canal treatment. If a root canal treatment is completed by orthodontics, you may lose your tooth. Periodontal scaling and root planing is a deep cleaning procedure that treats the infected tooth.
Scaling and Root Planing
- Scaling and root planingare helpful for periodontal disease to control the disease phase.
- This procedure is very effective and provides an antimicrobial treatment for removing bacteria.
- Scaling and root planing also help clear endotoxins and trigger the immune system. Specific purposes for scaling and root planing include:
- Helping remove plaque and calculus from the impacted tooth is a primary measure of the treatment.
- Soberly removing the endotoxin-impacted root.
- See the area of healing and pocket reduction with a nonsurgical treatment process.
- Reducing the inflammation for the preparation for surgery.
Root planing and scaling are complex processes. Removing the infected pulp from the pockets and irregular root anatomy and the ability to perform the root canal treatment with a perfect visualisation of instruments, only a specialist trained in root canal treatments can perform.
A periodontist with patience, skills, and practice can perform the treatment well.
What Oral hygiene should you take after root planing and scaling?
Irritation and inflammation are typical for a few days after the treatment and will heal soon as your wound seals. You can take over-the-counter medication to control the pain.
After the treatment, your gum tissues will be a little tender, so you need to brush with little care, slow down your brushing, and be gentle while brushing; it will also help your mouth to stay clean and healthy. To reduce the swelling, you can use warm water to rinse your mouth.
You can continue this process for a couple of weeks. You can also use an antibacterial mouthwash and ask your dentist for it.
Root planing and scaling can lower the risk of further infection and stop gum recession. Not treated can lead to severe disease or bone or tooth loss. You must take proper care to heal soon and visit your dentist for regular checkups. Regular checkups are essential as the condition may arise again. Take prevention and dont bite on the treated area as it is still recovering, chew soft food and avoid hard food.
Taking care is much better than taking costly treatments. Keep your mouth clean and healthy. It will help in healing early,
Proper care and prevention are just after the root scaling and planing treatment. You need to avoid food that is hard to eat. Check the temperature of food before eating dont dine too hot or too cold food items.
Consuming hot or cold drinks can irritate your gum tissues and harm them.
Avoiding some foods for the first week following surgery is essential as they can cause discomfort and delay healing.