Do I Need A Root Canal? Read Here!
Many people don’t understand what a root canal means and why people around them recommend getting a root canal for tooth decay. If you are someone suffering from dental issues and not able to identify what you are suffering from then first of all you need to visit Houston Dental Emergency and get a consultation for diagnosis.
In this article we have everything that you need to know about root canal treatment, so make sure to read till the end if you have any doubt related to it.
What is root canal treatment?
Root canal treatment takes place when the pulp and nerve beneath your teeth get infected and inflamed due to tooth decay, a broken tooth, or an injury to the tooth. All these problems will cause your teeth pain where you need to find a good Root Canal Dentist who can perform root canal treatment step-by-step.
What are the signs that require root canal treatment?
Here are some signs and symptoms that will help you identify if you need a root canal treatment or not, make sure to read these carefully:
- If you are suffering from tooth pain then it is the most common symptom of the root canal.
- If you witness any bumps on your gums.
- If you can have sensitivity to hot and cold.
- If you have a chipped or cracked tooth that may need a root canal.
- Tooth decay and if your gums are tender then it is an indication of the root canal.
- You can ask your Root Canal Specialist to perform an x-ray of the teeth you are affected, if you can see any sign of An abscess then it is right of getting a root canal treatment.
What is the procedure of root canal treatment?
The treatment of root canal usually takes up to two sessions at your Dentist Office Open On Saturday including:
- In the initial step of the procedure, your local dentist open on Saturday will inject you with local anesthesia to numb the tooth and surrounding gums. Which will cause you little pain but a numb tooth, will help your dentist perform the treatment.
- After injecting the anesthesia your dentist will clear all infected pulp inside your teeth. And will use antimicrobial solution to damage remaining bacteria in the shell which will help in reducing the risk for further infection.
- After cleaning the pulp your dentist will start filling your teeth and closing the open area of your teeth and after resting the filling for a few weeks at last your dentist will finish the treatment by placing a permanent crown on top of the tooth.
Why is getting root canal treatment important?
A root canal treatment is important for removing bacteria and dead tissues or infected pulp inside your teeth. Avoiding treatment can cause severe infection, pain and in some cases, it leads to tooth removal.
What to do after the procedure?
It is important to take care of your oral hygiene before and after the treatment to avoid any severe dental conditions. Make sure to brush and floss twice a day and clean your mouth after every meal. If you are facing any kind of dental condition make sure to visit a dentist open Saturday without avoiding such symptoms.
We hope you liked this article and now you know if you need a root canal or not. We have mentioned above some importance of a root canal for the people who start avoiding it at the start so make sure to read it carefully.